Saturday, October 16, 2010

Help, Design Dilemma!

Okay, here's the story. I went to the UPS store yesterday evening to print out my Imagination Library poster. Normally, I go to Staples but I figured I could save time and gas going up the street to get the job done. So I tell the clerk what I need and she pops in my jumpdrive (the one I always use in class) into the computer and POOF....ALL MY FILES ARE MAGICALLY GONE! They were there fifteen minutes before I arrived when I was using it on my laptop at home.

I thought this was totally random and strange, but figured that maybe something was up with THEIR computer and decided not to panic until I tried it out back home. That's when I panicked...not working at home either. So I called today to tell them the story and they said that nothing of the sort had happened before. Thank goodness I saved the file to my laptop's desktop and got my other design work from this blog.

My history and geology notes are gone, but I've already taken those first exams and have hard copies of the notes in my folders. Hadn't printed some of latest lecture notes off yet so I'll have to retype them over break. I got lucky this time, but I'll definitely be extra careful in the future. I just have one question: DO ANY OF YOU KNOW ANY SAFE, FREE FILE RETRIEVING SOFTWARE I COULD DOWNLOAD TO SEE IF I CAN GET MY STUFF BACK? PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bre,
    I have used this software before on an external hard drive and it worked great!
    http://www.datarecoverysoftware.org/

    ReplyDelete